Plant List: New Plants for 2021
Please note: we have a variety of plant selections between The Green House locations.
Listed below are just some of our new plant varieties for the 2021 season. Visit us to view all of our full selection of plants!
- Bells of Ireland – great, unique accent to add to arranged flowers from the garden.
- Cleome Sparkler Mix – 42” tall background plant, colors rose to white, numerous customer requests.
- Black pansies – not new, just increased production, popular.
- Phlox – nice clear colors, border flower, 10” tall.
- Alternanthera Little Ruby – red accent filler, 12”, heat tolerant
- Artemesia Parfume d’ Ethiopia – 18” silver filler, soft texture
- Begonia Solenia Chocolate Orange – 12”, part sun, deep orange, dk foliage
Blackcurrant Punch- beautiful bi-color
Hula- 5 colors, larger flowers
Cha Cha – spreading habit, Dp Blue & Apricot
- Celosia Lizard Leaf- 10-14”, red foliage, accent plant
- Coleus Beale Street 24”, deep red, sun/shade
- Geranium Harmony Series introduced last year, great colors & growth habit
- Grass - Savannah 18-24”, pink seed heads, upright
- Impatiens NG Roller Coaster-, 12-16”, semi-double flowers, part sun
Pink & Tangy Toffee
- Impatiens Sunstanding Jazzy – 12-16”, lemon-lime foliage, sturdy upright, sun/shade
Coral & Hot Pink
- Impatiens Sunstanding Apollo- 22”, upright habit, sun or shade, vigorous
Cherry Red, Pink
- Mecardonia – low spreading habit, loaded with little yellow flowers, great filler
Capella Cherry Vanilla – mounding, cherry/white bi-color
Hippy Chick- semi-spreading, vigorous, purple/white edge
Bee’s Knees- intense yellow, deep green foliage
Supercals – numerous sm-med flowers, red, blue, white, cream, pale yellow, burgundy, hot pink, golden yellow and cinnamon
Pinkerbell – mounding, semi-double, two-tone pink/white
Surprise Sparkle – semi-spreading, vigorous, red with white speckles
Mainstay Glacier Sky – spreading, deep purple with white edge & white speckles
Itsy Magenta – spreading, always loaded with small magenta flowers
Crazytunias- all bi-color, upright-mounding, medium vigor, all multi-color
Blackberry Jam, Raspberry Lemonade, Frisky Violet & Tiki Torch
Easy Wave – added to selection to make 13 are Lavender Blue Sky and
Berry Velour ( rosy red with a velvet look)
- Begonia Gryphon – vigorous growth, foliage accent, 16” tall
- Angel Wings – silvery-white large leaves, “showstopper”
- Columbine Swan Pink & Yellow – 20-24” tall, large flowers
- Grass Pixie Fountain – Tufted Hair Grass 20-24”
- Heuchera (Coral Bells)
- Silver Lord- compact, pewter-violet foliage
- Sweet Princess – orange-pink foliage with red-brown veins
- Red Fury- bronze-red foliage with red undersides
- Season’s King – plum colored foliage, dark veins, intensifies with cooler temps
- Lupine Staircase – beautiful unusual colors
- Dk Blue/Yellow, Orange/White, Red/White, Rose/White & Yellow
Nepeta Little Trudy – lavender-prple flowers, silver-green aromatic foliage, 12” tall
- Dicentra (Bleeding Hearts)
- Ruby Gold- lime green foliage, red flowers, vigorous
- Aurora – white flowers, blue-green fern leaf foliage, flowers all spring & summer
- Ferns Red Beauty & Cinnamon
- Geranium Ballerina – white with lilac-pink veins, dark eye, 8” tall
Nursery Stock, Trees
- Apple Gravenstein – very early(8/7) cooking apple, short shelf life like all early apples
- Willow Golden Curls – golden “corkscrew” branching, 30-40’, needs moist soil
Nursery Stock, Shrubs
- Fothergilla Mt. Airy – 5-6’, fragrant white spike flowers, blue-green foliage, great fall color
- Hydrangea Little Lime – 3-5’, soft lime green flowers, turn pink then burgundy in fall.
- Privet Straight Talk – narrow growth habit, 2-4’ wide, trims up nicely
- Rhododendron Purple Gem – compact 2-3’ plant, evergreen foliage, purple-blue flowers
- Sumac Tiger Eyes – 6’,chartreuse-green foliage turns yellow then flaming orange in fall
- Coralberry Candy – 2.5-3’, pink berries hold through winter
- Snowberry Galaxy – 2.5-3’, white berries on aching branching into winter
- Viburnum Chicago Luster – 8-10’ Arrowwood, glossy foliage, white flowers in June
- Weigela Dark Horse – 2-3’, bronze foliage with lime accents, great foundation plant
- Juniper Hughes – 15” tall and spreading, blue-green foliage, unique growth habit
- Honeysuckle Mandarin – vine with orange flowers with yellow-orange inside
- Aronia Iriquois Beauty
Honeyberry Aurora, Borealis
- Alyssum (Purple, White, Rose, Mix)
- Aster (Mix)
- Begonia, Wax (Red, Pink, White)
- Celosia (DWF Plume Mix/ DWF Crested Mix)
- Cosmos (Mix)
- Dahlia (Mix)
- Dianthus (Assorted Colors)
- Dusty Miller (New Look, Silver Dust)
- Gypsophila (DFW Rose, White)
- Hypoestes (Polka Dot- Pink, Red, White)
- Impatiens (Assorted Colors)
- Lobelia (Light Blue, Rose, Dark Blue, White)
- Marigolds (DWF-Assorted Colors / Med- Yellow, Orange, Gold, White/ Tall - Yellow, Gold, Orange, White)
- Mimulus (Mix)
- Nicotiana (Mix)
- Osteospermum (Mix)
- Pansy (Assorted Colors/ Mix)
- Petunia, Double
- Petunia, Single
- Portulaca (Assorted Colors/ Mix)
- Salvia (Medium Blue / DWF Red)
- Snapdragons (DWF Mix, Yellow, Sunset, Coral/ Medium - Mix, Tall - Mix)
- Stocks (Mix)
- Verbena (Mix)
- Vinca (Assorted Colors)
- Viola (Assorted Colors, Mix)
- Zinnia (DWF Assorted)
- Beans, Bush
- Beans, Yellow
- Bussel Sprouts
- Cabbage (Stonehead/Early, Cheers/Late, Ruby Perfection/Red)
- Rutabaga (American Purple Top)
- Lettuce (Garden Mix)
- Pepper (Anaheim, Cherry-Hot, Chili, Garden Salsa, Green Bell, Habanero-Red/Orange, Hot Yellow, Jalapeno, Red Bell, Sweet Yellow, Yellow Bell)
- Pepperpot Mix (Sweet, Hot)
- Sweet Corn (Bicolor, Yellow)
- Strawberry (Ever Bearing)
- Tomato Packs (Better Boy, Big Beef, Big Boy, Celebrity, Early Girl, Ground Cherry, Moutain Merit, Roma, Rutgers, Sungold, Supersweet 100)
- Tomato (4" Sq Grn)
- Tomato, Mini (5.5" Rd)
- Peppers (Pepperpot Mix, Pepperpot Hot Mix)
- Peppers (4" Sq Grn)
- Cucumber (Slicing/Pickle)
- Pasta (Spaghetti)
- Straight Neck
- Zuchinni- Green, Yellow
- Watermelon (Baby, Crim. Sweet)
Ground Covers & Treadables Packs
- Sedum (John Creech)
- Thyme (Doone Valley)
- Thyme (Pink Chintz)
- Thyme (Magic Carpet)
4" TC Perennials
- Ajuga (Carpet Bugle)
- Lamiastrum (Variegated)
- Lupine (Mixed)
- Poppy, Iceland (Assorted)
- Sedum (Athoum, Angelina, Prima Angelina, Sexangulare)
- Sempervivum (Hen & Chicks)
- Achillea (Red, Yellow)
- Alchemilla Mollis (Lady's Mantle)
- Artemisia (Silver Mound)
- Aster (Purple Dome)
- Baptisia (Blue)
- Campanula (Blue, White, Pink)
- Centaurea (Amethyst in Snow)
- Columbine (Blue, Red)
- Dianthus (Yellow, Red)
- Digitalis (Mix)
- Heuchera(Coral Bells)
- Heuchera (Assorted) Pot TC
- Hollyhock (Pink, Yellow, Scarlet)
- Iberis (White)
- Liatris (Kobold)
- Lily (Morning Star)
- Lobelia Cardinalis (Red)
- Lupine (Blue, Red, Yellow)
- Monarda (Assorted)
- Nepeta (Walker's Low)
- Perovskia (Little Spire)
- Phlox Subulata (Blue, Stripe, Purple, Violet)
- Poppy, Oriental (Red, Orange, Pink)
- Rudbeckia (Goldsturm)
- Sedum (Assorted)
- Silene (Clifford Moore)
- Sidalcea (Party Girl)
- Sempervivum (Hen & Chicks Assorted)
- Zizia aptera
- Alcea (Assorted Single Hollyhocks)
- Anemone (Pamina)
- Aralia (Sun King)
- Asclepias (Milk Weed)
- Asiatic Lilies (White/Purple, Pink, Red, White)
- Astilbe (Assorted)
- Bergenia (Dragonfly Sakura)
- Brunerra (Alexander's Great)
- Chelone (Turtle's Head)
- Cimicifuga (Chocoholic)
- Clematis (Assorted) 1 Gallon
- Daylily (Assorted) 1 Gallon
- Delphinium (Assorted)
- Dicentra (Valentine Red)
- Dicentra (Bleeding Heart- Pink, White)
- Echinacea (Orange, Rasp, Coral)
- Eupatorium (Joe Pye- Baby Joe)
- Fern (Cinnamon)
- Fern (Lady in Red, Easter)
- Gaillardia (Apricot, Yellow)
- Geranium (Johnson's Blue)
- Grass (Karl Foerster, Cool as Ice)
- Hecherella (Gold Zebra)
- Hosta (Assorted) 1 Gallon
- Iris (Variegated)
- Leucanthemum (White)
- Ligularia (Little Rocket)
- Lilies (Asiatic Assorted)
- Lilies (Oriental)
- Malva (Zebrina)
- Oenothera (Yellow)
- Penstemon (Red, Rose)
- Peony (Assorted)
- Phlox, Garden (Blue, White, Orange, Pink, Red)
- Bog Lily, Red
- Papyrus, Baby Tut
- Pickerel Rush, Blue
- DWF Papyrus
- Varg Spider Lily
- Taro, Black, Violet
- Water Lettuce
- Water Hyacinth Dwf
Succulents & House Plants
- Amelanchier or Juneberry which also called Serviceberry or Saskatoons
- Autumn Brilliance grows 15-20’ tall and bears sweet purple-black fruit in summer. Regent is more shrub form 4-6’ tall with the same type of fruit
Regarding both of these, white flowers in the spring, orange-red fall foliage and they tolerate dry soil well. Pollinators in the spring and birds like the fruit.
- Aronia or Chokeberry (not to be confused with chokecherry), Iroquois Beauty grows about4’ tall, also bears black fruit in summer with wine-red fall foliage color. These tolerate moist soil conditions and birds like these also.
- Nanking Cherry – mostly used as an ornamental but produces small red, tasty fruit in July, good for jams & jelly. Compete with wildlife for the fruit.
More traditional berries include:
- North blue- 2-3’ tall, introduced in 1983, good flavor, nice sized berries.
- Polaris – 3-4’ tall, introduced in 1996, good flavor, slightly smaller fruit than North blue.
- Chippewa – 3’ tall, introduced in 1996 also, heavy producer of sweet berries, earlier.
- Patriot – 4-5’ tall, called Highbush blueberry, early ½” fruit with excellent flavor.
- Honeyberries are becoming more popular, having nice-sized fruits, rich in antioxidants, having a unique blueberry-like flavor. Must have 2 varieties to cross-pollinate.
- Aurora – 3-4’ tall, good-sized fruit.
- Borealis – 4’ tall, unique flavor having hints of different berry flavors.
- Grapes are self-fertile
- Marquette – red, wine grape, disease-resistant, September.
- Valiant – blue, table, jelly or juice grape with Concord-like flavor, productive.
- Edelweiss – white, table or wine, good sweet flavor, disease resistant.
- Boyne – introduced from Canada in 1960, red, productive, excellent flavor
- Fallgold – golden yellow, sweet & juicy, productive, crops in spring & late summer
Retail Garden Supplies
Soil & Fertilizer
- Jolly Gardener Pro-Line mix 2.8 cu-ft.
- Plant*tastic Soil 1.3 cu-ft.
- Coco Mulch 2.3 cu-ft.
- Garden Green Compost
- Top Soil 40#
- Hardwood Mulch 2.3 cu-ft.
- Hardwood Mulch Red 2.3 cu-ft.
- Red Cedar Mulch 2.3 cu-ft.
- Bark Nuggets 2.3 cu-ft.
- Organic Composted Manure 40#
- Peat Moss 1.3 cu-ft.
- Peat Moss 2.2 cu-ft.
- Pro-gro 8qt General Purpose Soil Blk
- Pro-gro 8qt Cactus & Succulent Soil Blk
- Pro-gro 15qt General Purpose Soil Grn
- Pro-gro 15qt Cactus & Succulent Soil Grn
- Am Deer Proofing
- Liquid Fence
- Shake Away
- Grow 8 oz.
- Bloom 8 oz.
- Fish & Seaweed
- Dead Bug Brew RTU
- Dead Bug Brew Conc.
- Diatomaceous Earth 1.3#
- Diatomaceous Earth 5#
- BT Thuricide
- Ant Killer
- Eight RTU 32oz.
- Eight RTU Conc. 32oz.
- Rose Shield RTU 16oz.
- Acephate Granules 16oz.
- Acephate Conc. 16oz.
- Kleen-up Conc.16oz.
- Kleen-up RTU 32oz.
- Mancozeb Conc 16oz.
- Neem Oil 32oz. RTU
- Fungonil Conc 8oz.
- Fungonil 32oz. RTU
- Safers Insectional Soap 12oz.
- Systemic Insect Control 16oz.
- Berrytone 4#
- Holly-Tone 4#
- Plant-Tone 4#
- Garden-Tone 4#
- Bone Meal 4#
- Aluminum Sulfate $8.95
- Broad Spect Fungicide 32 oz RTU $14.95
- Fish Emulsion $15.95
- Tomato/Pepper Set RTU $9.95
- Cactus Soil $6.95
- 1.5# Blossom Booster - Annuals
- 20-6-22 Petunia FeED 1 1⁄2#
- 1.5# Tomato Fert
- 1.5# Acid Special
- Jobe's Tree Stakes 5 Pack
- Jobe's Fruit Tree Stakes 5 Pack
- Osmocote 1#
- Osmocote 2#
- Compost Tea Bags